Enterprise Resource Planning(ERP)
- at the heart of all ERP systems is a database,when a user enters or updates information in one module,it is immediately and automatically updated throughout the entire system.
Bringing the Organizations Together
The Evolution of ERP
- SCM,CRM,and ERP are the backbone of ebusiness. Integration of these applications is the key to success for many companies.Integration allows the unlocking of information to make it available to any user,anywhere,anytime.
- middleware-several different types of software that sit in the middle of and provide connectivity between two or more software applications.
- enterprise application integration(EAI) middleware represents a new approach to middleware by packaging together commonly used functionality,such as providing prebuilt links to popular enterprise applications,which reduces the time necessary to develop solutions that integrate applications from multiple vendors.
Enterprise Resource Planning's Explosive Growth
- ERP solutions have proven to be such a powerful force
- ERP is a logical solution to the mess of incompatible applications that had sprung up in most business
- ERP address the need for global information sharing and reporting
- ERP is used to avoid the pain and expense of fixing legacy systems
- To quality as a true ERP solution,the system not only must integrate various organization processes,but also must be:
- Modular and Open
- Beyond the company